Community Forum

Customer Service? This has to be candid camera

Regular Visitor

Customer Service? This has to be candid camera

Over the past 4 days I have spent over 25 hours on the phone and chat lines with Comcast customer service agents. I have been promised numerous call back guarantees (24 hours).  And even tough the issue started with something probably relatively minor my dealing with Comcast customer service has been a revoling nightmare.  No promised calls happen messages never get passed on Each time it is someone different so you need to start all over and every time you get a new story as far as information that was supposed to be passed on.  I can never get a reason why that is just 73 insincere apoligies, 27 lies (caught) 13 promised guaranteed call backs NONE.  

Everyone seems to give you new information and can never email or contact someone who supposedly went through your story took notes and passed them on and guaranteed a call back in 24 hours.  Only consistencies are - No ability to communicate within, no ability to even proved information to have corporate contact (not even knowing their hours, general phone number etc.  very basic info., I always hear the lines are recorded.  Some tell me they are I pray to God they are.  I challenge ANYONE to listen to all my dealings in the past 4 days, pull all the chat transcripts and then tell me what in the heck is going on.  I have NEVER seen anything that can close to this toyally dysfunctional system.  Again - only consistently is everyone I spoke to hates you.  You obviosly dont seem to care.  I am embarrased to say I have been with you since your inception and you always tell me I am a valued customer but have done nothing to prove that only reinforce that you REALLY DONT CARE!!!  As part of my journey over the past four days one person told me (after listening to my abreviated 45 minute verson of the past 4 days) they agree with me and were going to see what deal they can get me. I said that fines but until I get some other answers I dont care.  He came back with I can get you the same service youre paying for now for approximately

$45 less.  I thought that was nice but again I still need answers then I got his sheepish call right back telling me he coud not get that promotion that is offered to others to me the preferred customer for 3 more months till that deal expired.  Sounds a little odd if you really want me a preferred customer but just at your conveinence?

I finally got a call into corporate after doing my own research on line.  So I called corporate in Philadelphia. Got Customer Service; Actuall somehow I got transferred to the Arizona corporate (after calling Philadelphia) went through the long drawn out stories. Told notes were being taken promised that call back before the end of the day (before 8 pm because they are in Arizona). I thought maybe Im getting somewhere, gave them the best number my primary number my cell.

After driving around and numerous other calls to comcast (more frustrating insincere apologies and lies and broken promises) I get home and I have a message on my home phone from someone in Philadelphia corporate that wants to help with my issues. (Not sure why they didnt call my cell and even on my account it is listed as the primary number - maybe another attempt to avoid?  Anyway I had 5 minutes left before they closed according to my comcast receiver.  I called and they had closed? Had to go to voice mail.

Any Guesses where this drama will end?  I like to think its a cliffhanger but its not.  Others have told me been there done that more of the same.  Im hoping they are wrong.

My new question is how can a company who supposedly is touting this big push for customer service design a system where no one within the system can communicate with each other or if so very limited  (next desk) send customer through a phone maze and then always be prepared to start the story over.  The is no system that is provided for customers to avoid this endless BS.  It obviously has been created with the idea if we screw with you long enough you will get frustrated and just go away.

Waiting to see what happens hopes are very low.  Based on others stories and past history of Comcast. Just got a message used a bad word , couldn't in the body of the post Please clean up before posting ?  I dont see what you are referring to can you highlight it? Im sorry the bad word was he double hockey sticks.  I will change it I was looking for the word couldn't.  I really didnt think my word was to bad considering you - comcast created the issue.  But I apologize and changed it.  PS.  you may not want to listen to some of those phone calls if the language upsets you.  Again Im split I feel bad in some ways because that is not me normally but you Comcast created the issues 

Official Employee

Re: Customer Service? This has to be candid camera

Hi Firefighter280,

This isn't the way we want our customers to feel. I'd like to help however I can. If you are still having issues or would like to review other package options, please feel free to send me a private message including the following information: 

• First and last name of the account holder
  • Primary phone number on the account
  • The street address associated with your services
  • Full account number

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.