Community Forum

Customer Service Problem Escalation

Frequent Visitor

Customer Service Problem Escalation

I have speed issues that started last week and I cannot get resolution. I’ve been through as many levels of CS and Repair that I can get access to.  I moved into a new home on December 15. Service Tech came out to connect service to the house.  I have Fiber to the curb but they installed Cable from the Curb to the home. Initial DOWN and UP speeds averaged (175 Mbps & 45 Mbps).  Was very pleased.  As of January 10, the cable has not been buried. Beginning on the 10th we received 3 days of rain. My (documented wireless speeds for DOWN and UP (7 - 24 Mbps and 11 - 24 Mbps).  Finally got a service tech out to look at the cable and discovered it was: Full of Water, Connectors Not Weatherproofed, and No Connectios (Curb or House) were grounded. Tech “laid new cable, changed connectors, and installed new modem but the problems persisted.  He arranged for an X1 tech to come out who said “HIS PHONE” got speeds in the 170 Mbps range, so it had to be an interference issue.  I plugged my laptop into a direct connection Ethernet connection on the modem, which showed the slow speeds still existed (as the did for all my devices). He called his supervisor who said basically “sorry, but we don’t guarantee connection speeds”.  Let’s see... my basic bill from xfinity is $164.00 per month plus taxes (triple play phone, tv and internet). My total bill averages more than $260.00 per month AND I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER OF COMCAST SINCE 1994. I need to escalate this issue but can’t find out how.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Ric Holland

Expert

Re: Customer Service Problem Escalation

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much. I look forward to being contacted.

Official Employee

Hi Richolland, apologies for your current internet speed issues.  I will gladly look into this further for you, can you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I sent the info requested. Waiting for a reply.

Frequent Visitor

My email address is **********

[Edited for private information]

Official Employee

Thank you, I have responded to your PM

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi Richolland, thank you for working with me via private message.  If you still need assistance, please reach out.

Thank you