Community Forum

Customer Service Nightmare with Outage of Cable and Internet

Frequent Visitor

Customer Service Nightmare with Outage of Cable and Internet

Our service, both cable and internet went out Sun the 10th. We called and were told they would be out Tuesday 5-7. An incompetent person came out, walked around the yard, and grumbled that he wouldn't get paid and that he thought the problem was underground. He never hooked up an above the ground temporary connection and left. He said they would be out Friday at 8. I called Friday about 9 and they said between 8-8. My husband checked in the afternoon and they again said by 8. They never came and no call, no reason. We called about 10 pm and ended up on hold for 30 min and they couldn't give a reason why they didn't come. Then said they would be out SUNDAY - THIS IS NOW A WEEK! We asked why they wouldn't be there on Sat if they ran out of time or techs on Fri. We asked for dispatch and escalation but got nowhere. No one has anyone they can talk to and the numbers they give you all go to the same call center. 

On Sunday an excellent tech came and checked our whole system. My husband actually figured out where the break might be and found it before the tech came. The tech ran a temporary line, realized many of our connections were old and need to be upgraded but he didn't have the proper equipment with him. He checked the modem and all of our devices and made sure they were all working before he left. They are still supposed to come out to run the lines underground and replace the old cables. If he had been sent the first time, we would have been satisfied customers. However, we have been livid all week with the lack of customer service!

Several issues - 1) the first guy should be fired for not doing anything - he may have been high or just not competent; 2) a cable temporary cable should have been run; 3) we still do not know where the people who were supposed to be here Fri are - it's Monday and we still haven't seen anyone to lay cable; 4) customer service reps should have more information and power to find reasonable answers like why no one could come Sat after missing Fri?; 5) Techs should have the equipment to be able to make repairs and changes with them. 

I also note on the corporate chart tht the Customer service VP's and Officers are very far down on the listing - telling!!!!

Official Employee

Re: Customer Service Nightmare with Outage of Cable and Internet

Hello venicenancy. I can assist with getting the drop bury scheduled and completed. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.