Community Forum

Customer Service Issue

Regular Visitor

Customer Service Issue

Hello,
I am in need of some help. I recently moved to a new residence and transferred my Comcast internet service over from my old residence. I had the leased Comcast modem with me and scheduled an installation. I later found out that I did not need the installation and called to cancel it, or get a self-installation kit. The woman I spoke with told me that the National movers association required an installation in my new apartment ; although there was a coaxial jack it had not been connected to Comcast in 2 years. She then told me that since it was required by the National movers association and not Comcast, that the installation fee ($62) would be credited to my account; she assured me multiple times that it was typed and noted in my account. I was relieved to hear this and was satisfied with the service.
A day after the installation I checked my account and discovered to my dismay that I was indeed being billed for the installation. I called Customer Service to ask if I was going to be charged and then credited for the fee, or for more information on what was going on. I was held on the phone for an hour in between dealings with a confused agent who told me that there was no note of this left in my account, and provided me with no help.
I asked to speak to a manager who told me that crediting the fee is not possible and that “a lot of things are changing around here”.
She then told me that I received $20 off the installation fee, however I checked and that is also false information.
If I knew I was going to be charged the installation fee from the get go I would have opted for the self installation kit. The fact that I was told it was a requirement and the fee would be waived; and then having it not be is unacceptable. I feel as though at least one employee of Comcast lied to me if not more. I’m planning on calling Customer Retention and if nothing is resolved I’m planning on taking my business elsewhere.
Valued Contributor

Re: Customer Service Issue

You are correct, if the new address is self install eligible (lines hooked up and hot/signal coming in), then there is nothing that states you HAVE to pay or even have a technician setup your service.
Expert

Hi @Afarrell13

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Official Employee

Hello Afarrell13, I am more than happy to address your billing concerns. To get started I will need some additional information, can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Afarrell13 wrote: Okay I appreciate your help. Thank you!

I am glad that we were able to get this issue addressed, have a good day.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!