Community Forum

Customer Service Calls me from unknown tel. # twice daily for weeks now, my internet is slow they sa

New Poster

Customer Service Calls me from unknown tel. # twice daily for weeks now, my internet is slow they sa

Customer Service Calls me from 844-250-8575# twice daily for weeks now, my internet is slow they say.  If I am not calling them to say that, I am NOT complaining, why are they disturbing me???  I did reverse phone look-up and many people say it is a scam about Internet Speed.  How was I to know it really was Comcast and if I don't experience slowness, why are they disturbing me?

Official Employee

Re: Customer Service Calls me from unknown tel. # twice daily for weeks now, my internet is slow the

@MhyrrBenz wrote:

Customer Service Calls me from 844-250-8575# twice daily for weeks now, my internet is slow they say.  If I am not calling them to say that, I am NOT complaining, why are they disturbing me???  I did reverse phone look-up and many people say it is a scam about Internet Speed.  How was I to know it really was Comcast and if I don't experience slowness, why are they disturbing me?

It's a legitimate call, there's notes associated with it on your account. They're trying to setup an appointment to fix your service for free. Your modem is barely in spec and may be working fine but your HD box is way out of spec and I'm surprised that it's working and showing online. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!