Community Forum

Customer Retention Help Please ?

Frequent Visitor

Customer Retention Help Please ?

Calling customer service is always a high pressure and stressful experience.

You tell them you need something more affordable, and it seems they just don't get it.

Always out to upsell you on something bigger and better.

I need LESS not more.

I've been a customer since 2011 and would prefer to stay.

What I need is a level of service I can actually afford.

I might even qualify for Internet Essentials.

I really wanted this taken care of last week, as the longer I wait, the more I have to keep paying - which I really can not afford on a limited fixed income.

Someone help me resolve this via chat please ?.

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Customer Retention Help Please ?

wrote:

Calling customer service is always a high pressure and stressful experience.

You tell them you need something more affordable, and it seems they just don't get it.

Always out to upsell you on something bigger and better.

I need LESS not more.

I've been a customer since 2011 and would prefer to stay.

What I need is a level of service I can actually afford.

I might even qualify for Internet Essentials.

I really wanted this taken care of last week, as the longer I wait, the more I have to keep paying - which I really can not afford on a limited fixed income.

Someone help me resolve this via chat please ?.

Okay, please don't edit or request this post be deleted.  When you do that, you make it impossible for anyone to help you with your issue.  This isn't a chat room where you would get immediate help.

I will escalate your post, put you need to be patient and give an Official Employee a chance to respond to it here so that they can give you instructions on what step[s] they want you to take from here.

Also, do NOT PM any Official Employee.  That is against Forum Guidelines.

As far as Internet Essentials goes, you would have to be current on your bills for this account, but then you would most likely have to cancel and wait 90 days before you could get I.E. if you qualify.  To learn more about Internet Essentials, requirements, qualifications, and an application click here. Or, you can send an email to Internet_Essentials@comcast.com . You can also call 1-855-846-8376.

Internet Essentials for Seniors is now available in a few select trial markets: Boston, MA; Palm Beach County, FL; Philadelphia, PA; San Francisco County, CA; and Seattle, WA. For more information on the Seniors program click here or call 1-855-850-4550.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hello Customer2011. I can assist with going over the less expensive and downgrade options available to your account. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Frequent Visitor

Message with info sent.

Frequent Visitor

No reply back since 12:51PM yesterday afternoon.

If JoeTru is too busy maybe someone else can help me ?.

Frequent Visitor

Still need someone to get back to me.

Official Employee

Hi Customer2011, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi Customer2011, thank you for working with me via private message and glad I was able to assist.  Please let us know if you have questions/concerns in the future.

Thank you