Community Forum

Customer Retention Contact Please

Highlighted
New Poster

Customer Retention Contact Please

I see several posts requesting contact information for Xfinity's customer retention department, followed by an employee reply requesting a PM.  However, it looks like you can not directly PM any of these employees.  My contract expires tomorrow, May 9th, and am therefore looking at options, both competitively and through Xfinity.  Thank you - 

Admin1

Re: Customer Retention Contact Please

Hi Coarsegold1 -- The PM function isn't activated until you create a public post. You'll have this functionality now that you have posted. Please feel free to PM myself, or any other official employee, with your name, full service address, and either account number or linked phone number for authentication. We'll get your account rates taken care of. You can also reach our retention department by phone at 1-800-XFINITY. 

New Poster

At the end of the day, this is yet another example of companies who don't keep a level playing field for New and Existing customers.  The Satellite TV businesses went through the same issue over the last 2 decades and both finally got the message from existing customers... If there is a promotion that is available to a NEW Customer, the EXISTING Customers expect the same to be available to them.  The key to a Promotion is the contract period that the customer must agree to honor.  Companies who don't treat Existing Customers fairly and in accordance with NEW Customer promotions are simply promoting the practice of Contract, Customer leaves, Contract, Customer leaves and it goes on with nobody really winning.  Customer Retention is just that simple..... loyalty comes at a price, and the sooner companies figure this out, the more stable the customer base becomes.  This is especially True with Comcast, where your agents and stores are telling people that when their 1 or 1 year promotion expires, the customer will be offered a new promotion at that time.  Is it True or is this just a sales Gimmick?  Time will tell.....

Official Employee

acollins94, I understand your frustrations. Every customer is given new customer deals at the time of the initial sign up/install. After that period is over, new customer deals may not be available because they are no longer a new customer. Existing customer deals do exists and can be offered to existing customers as they become available.