Community Forum

Customer Leased (not by me) Gateway Modem

Regular Visitor

Customer Leased (not by me) Gateway Modem

I purchased an Arris TG1682G modem on Ebay with the hope of using it instead of a leased unit. While trying to register it I was informed it was Xfinity owned customer leased equipment. I am trying to get something in writing from Comcast stating this so I can get my money back from the seller. I was told by customer service that I could get a reciept from a Xfinity store that would reflect that if I turned it into them. When I tried to do that I was told that they could only give such a receipt to the customer who originally leased it. Makes no sense if you want your equipment back you would issue a receipt from whoever gave it to you wouldn't you.

Expert

Re: Customer Leased (not by me) Gateway Modem

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Visitor

Can you poke him again? I still haven't had an answer. Thanks.

Official Employee

@vandnbg - No need to poke us againSmiley Happy We assist our customers on a first come first serve order. I don't think we can provide any type of the official letter but let me double check. Could you please send me a private message with your full name, address, and a phone number associated with your account? Thank you