Community Forum

Current customer in good standing cannot go to affordable plan?

New Poster

Current customer in good standing cannot go to affordable plan?

I am currently in the Premier double play, I get just about every channel and as a new customer i was paying $144 after all taxes and fees.   Now i am paying over $210 a month, and I'm done with it.    I tried to chat with someone regarding switching to a more affordable plan, and they offered to take all the premium channels, sports channels, and most of the channels i actually watch away and only charge me $191 a month!  What a deal! *cough*..  Why do the new customers get better treatment than those who have been paying their bills for years?   I don't get it.  I explained that i was looking into DirecTv but wasnt thrilled about the internet speeds, and the rep told me to cancel my tv and keep the internet.    I guess im really not worth as much as a new customer to you, and i dont know why.   I guess i cancel service and wait the 6 months to come back at a reasonable rate.   Just seems rediculous. 

Can anyone help me with this?    Why can't I have the Preferred channel lineup with the 150Mb for the same $114 plus taxes?  So confused why new is better than existing to your company. 

Expert

Re: Current customer in good standing cannot go to affordable plan?

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Current customer in good standing cannot go to affordable plan?

Hello,

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.