Community Forum

Current customer, Changing services, doesn't add up

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Current customer, Changing services, doesn't add up

I am a current customer not under contract terms.  A new customer via website can sign up for new service, 200-300Mbps and 200+ channels, for $105 which includes no taxes, no modem and 1 cable box.

Under My Account, change services, I get one option for a new package\deal, which includes, Gigabit internet, 200+ channels and voice for $130 for service.  Rental  cable boxes show $5 each and no modem.  As going through the website and cannot change number of boxes(currently 3) the total would come to 182.xx all in.

Since I don't need gigabit internet or voice I called in(twice) as that was only online option. First Rep i talked to i asked for price of 200-300Mbps and 125+ channels.  Rep gave me option for 200 Mbps and 200+ channels for an all in price of $186.

Second Rep few hours later. I asked for same thing.  Rep gave me "top of line package" of 200Mbps, 200+ channels, voice. All in price $196.xx.  I asked for a LOWER price package and rep told me 300Mbps 200+ channels for an all in price........wait for it...........$196.

I need to speak with someone that doesn't read off a script.  I am looking to spend around $145 which should be feasible for 200Mbps, 200+ channels and 1 cable box(New service is $105+taxes\fees) since online I can get gigabit, 200+ channels, phone for 182.xx.

Any help??

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Current customer, Changing services, doesn't add up

@Scooch80 wrote:

I am a current customer not under contract terms.  A new customer via website can sign up for new service, 200-300Mbps and 200+ channels, for $105 which includes no taxes, no modem and 1 cable box.

Under My Account, change services, I get one option for a new package\deal, which includes, Gigabit internet, 200+ channels and voice for $130 for service.  Rental  cable boxes show $5 each and no modem.  As going through the website and cannot change number of boxes(currently 3) the total would come to 182.xx all in.

Since I don't need gigabit internet or voice I called in(twice) as that was only online option. First Rep i talked to i asked for price of 200-300Mbps and 125+ channels.  Rep gave me option for 200 Mbps and 200+ channels for an all in price of $186.

Second Rep few hours later. I asked for same thing.  Rep gave me "top of line package" of 200Mbps, 200+ channels, voice. All in price $196.xx.  I asked for a LOWER price package and rep told me 300Mbps 200+ channels for an all in price........wait for it...........$196.

I need to speak with someone that doesn't read off a script.  I am looking to spend around $145 which should be feasible for 200Mbps, 200+ channels and 1 cable box(New service is $105+taxes\fees) since online I can get gigabit, 200+ channels, phone for 182.xx.

Any help??

Don't forget, you're not a new customer, you're a current customer, so you won't be seeing new customer pricing.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!