Community Forum

Credut was pulled without my permision more than 8 months after account change

New Poster

Credut was pulled without my permision more than 8 months after account change

I received a notice today that Comcast Chicago had pulled my Equifax without authorization. I have been in Comcast client for almost 2 years and the most recent change to the account was an address update 8 months ago. I'm very confused as to when I called was originally hung up on because the woman was convinced I needed to call my bank. I called back and waited on hold for another 30 minutes before speaking to a supervisor who gave me a website to dispute. Working 70 hours a week makes it hard to submit a form when I did not give authorization I've already locked all of my credits but would like an explanation as to what has occurred.
Expert

Re: Credut was pulled without my permision more than 8 months after account change

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: Credut was pulled without my permision more than 8 months after account change

Hello Comatthew, Comcast can pull your credit w/o your permission as we have a legitimate business need in connection with a transaction that you initiated. If you feel as though this credit inquiry was made without your knowledge and permission I can look into having the inquiry removed. Please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!