Community Forum

Credit pull after being told that it was only for identity verification

Regular Visitor

Credit pull after being told that it was only for identity verification

I got a comcast/xfinity internet connection from a store. I specifically asked if there was a deposit option instead of providing my ssn and I was told that it is not an option. I then mentioned that I do not want a hard credit pull on my account, but the store rep asked for my ssn and mentioned that it will be used only for identity purposes (soft pull) and a hard credit pull will not be done. I noticed that comcast did pull my equifax credit report with a hard pull. I talked to the store about removing or masking the entry on my report and the store rep/manager just apologized. He mentioned that they cannot do anything about this.

How can I get this removed from my credit report since I was misguided by the store rep? All of this after specifically asking for deposit option and also confirming that there will not be a credit hard pull.

Official Employee

Re: Credit pull after being told that it was only for identity verification

rimmaculate, thanks for posting. I see your private messages to the team. Please do not private message all of us without being prompted. I will follow up with you in our private message thread to look into this hard inquiry. 

KenF