Community Forum

Covid unemployment payment arrangement

Highlighted
New Poster

Covid unemployment payment arrangement

I need help and nobody seems to want to help. They are not offering payment arrangements anymore. I have paid my bill rain or shine every month no problem. Yes late, but it was paid.

My husband lost his job at the height of Covid in March. We have now gone from making $963 per week to $724 every two weeks. I can not afford to pay my cable at the moment. He uses the Internet to try and find jobs. I call Comcast and they say that I am not eligible for a payment arrangement. I don’t understand, I have always been able to make payment arrangements. Did they turn it off? I need help. I am at the point where I have to choose between rent and keeping my internet on. Does anybody know what I can do?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Covid unemployment payment arrangement

@Jaxlweeks 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Corporate Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, Jaxlweeks. Thanks for posting here for support. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances. We understand times are tough and we will see what we can do to help. Were you enrolled in our Xfinity Assistance Program at all?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

No I did not apply because when we had the extra unemployment, we were not low income. This has now just made us low income. And we now need the help desperately.
Highlighted
New Poster

I called customer service and they said that the Xfinity assistance program is no longer available and that I do not qualify for any payment arrangements. I do not understand why nobody is willing to help us. I have unemployment paystubs and I explained to them that because we just lost the extra $600 out of unemployment, we can’t afford $286 to pay for our cable and they said that there was nothing that they could do. I don’t understand why my bill is $286 anyways because I have a $130 plan. She offered to go over my bill and I was kind of mean to her because nobody wants to help my family. I’m trying to contact companies and figure out what to do about all of my bills and nobody even takes that into account. They just don’t offer any help!