Community Forum

Could you please just activate my modem

Highlighted
New Poster

Could you please just activate my modem

I have been trying to get xfinity to activate my modem since Thursday.

I have contacted almost 10 different agents, from tech support to billing and even sales.

I have my modem hooked up and online and ready to go.

According to the agents my adress is not correct. (Told them to change it days ago, it still hasnt been changed, preventing the automatic set up.)

After that they told me my modem was attached to a previous address and must be paid before I could activate my service, so I payed it, and then they told me the adress can onky be changed by sales/new customers, in which they would have to create a "new account", but of course, they arent working on the weekend. (Really wish they would have handled it thursday).

I just dont understand how hard it can be to change the service address..

I paid for the service, and the past due, now I'm not receiving the service and unable to contact any agent via chat or phone.

If this modem isn't activated by tomorrow I'll just switch providers.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Could you please just activate my modem

Frustrating, Omgwowthanku. I would like to help you get this figured out. Please start by sending me a private message with your first and last name. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!