Community Forum

Costs more to get less?

Frequent Visitor

Costs more to get less?

My recent bill just went up 20% in price, but if I'm willing to accept less channels than it will only go up 10%?

Just got off the phone with an Xfinity representative and this just might be the year to cut the cord. With "my current package" at a non-negotiable price, I would be interested to know what an internet only or internet -phone package would cost? At a time when (you would think) the "Cable" companies would be reducing prices to be more competitive with the dishes, Xfinity is going All-IN on Package Pricing and I just may do the dish again.

I just was hoping the day would come when I wouldnt have to battle every year on this.

Rick

Valued Contributor

Re: Costs more to get less?

Well, I don't think dish is the right thing to compare them to in that manner. Dish is subpar service, all the way around. The new streaming services are more of a reason for them to cut down on pricing. Alot of people say, well I can switch to such and such and save X amount of money! (but they are comparing a non-discounted price to a new customer/discounted offer, for a likely subpar service, with slower internet 90% of the time) You need to look at all aspects when comparing companies. Just throwing that out there, maybe a corp rep on here can help you with offers if you are patient.
Frequent Visitor

Your response is totally correct. I surely am looking at all options dishes and streaming. I have done directv before and was very pleased but internet has only been through xfinity. I will more than likely stay with xfinity at a lower level for internet and get a streaming plan if xfinity can’t or won’t match what I currently have. I would be interested to listen to what other offers xfinity might have to keep me though
Valued Contributor

Just to note, depending where you are located, Xfinity may have data caps and will charge extra for anything over 1 TB per month. Just something to think about, when calculating any change for streaming service. My area (the Northeast) is currently not limited, but that that may change in the future. (I consider my online usage heavy, but I guess it really isn't at all according to my usage meter haha)
Frequent Visitor

I guess thats even better for me, I'm in the Northeast too...Thanks for the info

I have all the numbers crunched and go either way with this, but I would like to talk with an xfinity agent to get the final answer. I spotted a great triple play deal in my area, good until 7/28 for 99.99 ! 210+ channels, 250 mbps internet and unlimited voice. the deal is for "new" customers only and is a contract, but I could renegotiate next year as long as I keep some kind of xfinity service. I've been with Comcast / Xfinity for 25 years so hopefully we can work this out. If not, I have a fire stick and streaming program which I'm testing on a free trial.

Talking with phone agents is painful to try to get them off script and make them realize you are serious..

Any takers from Xfinity here?

Official Employee

Hey @mrrick7474

Sorry for the delayed reply. I can review your account and discuss the offers that are available to you. 

Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

After dicussions online, in chat and in the xfinity office, there is no solution.. It Does cost more to get less !!! I will not pay more so I will get less (from xfinity) Mark this "NOT RESOLVED" !!