Community Forum

Cost of new service

New Poster

Cost of new service

Hello all, I am working with Comcast  Business in PA for new service to my location, no dwelling yet just an empty lo t but there are poles on street with service down the road. Survey showed I would need 6 poles which are there already, 3 M/R “don’t know what that is” and about 1100 feet of new build. I am guessing business sales consultant will let me know the cost but just wondering if anyone had an estimate of what I may be looking at?

Valued Contributor

Re: Cost of new service

Wrong section of forum, this is residential service. Head over to business.
New Poster

Currently I am only a residential customer, I can’t register as a business customer until my business account is made active with service.  I will wait for quote from sales rep.

Valued Contributor

You are not going to get a quote for service related to business accounts on here. EDIT: If you want residential quotes, that aren't going to apply for your business address, then you can see those on the website for addresses near there. 2nd EDIT: If you are wanting a quote for associated building costs for just getting the service at this new address started, you also, can not get that here. The consultant who you are working with, would be the only one who could give you the building cost estimate. A sales rep, could not give you the building cost, or promotion cost, without the address to pull the offers from. Anyway, you don't have to take my advice, just wait for one of the corporate reps (not sales reps) to give you the same answer. Have a nice day
Expert

@Ickstopher

It's really hard to give you an estimate - in fact, anything we tell you will probably be wrong. The construction department will be the only folks that will now the true cost and what part of those cost Comcast is willing to absorb, if any. FWIW building out the cable plant cost roughly $20K per mile. 

I am not an employee.