Community Forum

Correct Netflix Plan and X1/Netflix Info

New Poster

Correct Netflix Plan and X1/Netflix Info

So, I'm going to sign up for Netflix. They offer a plan for $8 and one for $11. The $11 plan says that you can get HD. I have X1, Blast internet, a DVR box and 3 of the smaller HD boxes. 

Does this mean that if I got the $8 plan, X1 would reduce my image quality to SD or would it show in HD anyway?  I'm assuming HD is 1080p?

If I did get the $11 plan that includes HD and you can view on 2 devices at the same time, could we watch one Netflix show on the DVR box and a different show on one of the other boxes (both in HD)?

Thanks for the info, just want to make sure I get the right thing before I sign up. Thanks.

Tags (2)
Expert

Re: Correct Netflix Plan and X1/Netflix Info

@domtrump wrote:

So, I'm going to sign up for Netflix. They offer a plan for $8 and one for $11. The $11 plan says that you can get HD. I have X1, Blast internet, a DVR box and 3 of the smaller HD boxes. 

Does this mean that if I got the $8 plan, X1 would reduce my image quality to SD or would it show in HD anyway?  I'm assuming HD is 1080p?

If I did get the $11 plan that includes HD and you can view on 2 devices at the same time, could we watch one Netflix show on the DVR box and a different show on one of the other boxes (both in HD)?

Thanks for the info, just want to make sure I get the right thing before I sign up. Thanks.

$8 is the limited streams SD plan. the $12 is for 2 HD streams. add $3 and you get 4 streams and 4k/UHD. Some cell providers are offering free Netflix with a $3 extra for 4k where the subscription is usable on the X1.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!