Community Forum

Correct Netflix Plan and X1/Netflix Info

New Poster

Correct Netflix Plan and X1/Netflix Info

So, I'm going to sign up for Netflix. They offer a plan for $8 and one for $11. The $11 plan says that you can get HD. I have X1, Blast internet, a DVR box and 3 of the smaller HD boxes. 

Does this mean that if I got the $8 plan, X1 would reduce my image quality to SD or would it show in HD anyway?  I'm assuming HD is 1080p?

If I did get the $11 plan that includes HD and you can view on 2 devices at the same time, could we watch one Netflix show on the DVR box and a different show on one of the other boxes (both in HD)?

Thanks for the info, just want to make sure I get the right thing before I sign up. Thanks.

Tags (2)
Expert

Re: Correct Netflix Plan and X1/Netflix Info

@domtrump wrote:

So, I'm going to sign up for Netflix. They offer a plan for $8 and one for $11. The $11 plan says that you can get HD. I have X1, Blast internet, a DVR box and 3 of the smaller HD boxes. 

Does this mean that if I got the $8 plan, X1 would reduce my image quality to SD or would it show in HD anyway?  I'm assuming HD is 1080p?

If I did get the $11 plan that includes HD and you can view on 2 devices at the same time, could we watch one Netflix show on the DVR box and a different show on one of the other boxes (both in HD)?

Thanks for the info, just want to make sure I get the right thing before I sign up. Thanks.

$8 is the limited streams SD plan. the $12 is for 2 HD streams. add $3 and you get 4 streams and 4k/UHD. Some cell providers are offering free Netflix with a $3 extra for 4k where the subscription is usable on the X1.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.