Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Conuctrustion Department!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Conuctrustion Department!!!!!

I originally set up my service on December 6th of last year, where I had ordered the Triple Play.  I have a tech come out and tell me I needed a tap ran from the pole to my house due to the distance we are off the road. The Tech opened a ticket and told me someone would call in a few days.  Well, a few days went by and I contacted ComCast and the ticket was canceled with no reason noted or employee who canceled the ticket.  

Next, I had to call and set up install again from the start and this time they tried to charge me an install fee.  Keep in mind my first install was set up under a free install plan, but was canceled.  I was told a Forman Tech would come out and install the tap and we would be set up.  The Tech came out on the scheduled time and date, but was not a Forman nor was he able to install the tap.  Once again the Tech did the same as before and opened a ticket for the construction team to come out.  After about a week the ticket was canceled with the no information on it nor was I called.  At this point I have not received any call from ComCast explaining anything that is going on.  

The third attempt went much like the first two, and we are now after Christmas and heading into the New Years.  Once again the fourth ticket was created and we finally got a survey crew out to the house.  My wife spoke with them and told them what was going on and the property was marked out and said the construction crew would be out in a few days to install the tap.  

While I was talking with the employee I had them dig around for some information about the address and the previous residents.  The only thing I was told about the address is there was service from the mid 2002s till the start of 2017.  I know the house was sold about April of that year and the residents that moved in tired to get service reconnected and was having the same issue.  I got the house at the end of 2017 and picked up their fight.  So at this point I went out and found the old tap that was run to the house, but is now broken.  Also, I have established that service was placed at this address.  

Well, a few days came and went and no crew, I called back and the ticket was canceled.  I was rather upset by this time and promised it would be fix tomorrow.  A tech was assigned and make the tap hot, I called back and asked how did he make a tap that is not installed hot? The issue was escalated and told it would be fixed tomorrow and nothing happened.  

I had called back to check on the ticket and even the escalated ticket was canceled with no information noted as to why.  This is now the 5th time the conuctrustion was canceled with no information noted.  I have talked to about a dozen employees with all promising call backs and still have not received any.  The next install was canceled due to weather and ice in the area and that I understand, but I had to set up another appointment.  This time I was called and told the appointment was canceled due to the weather and I would have to call back to reschedule.  Why they could not do it I do not know!  I called back and set an appointment, but they set me up for just an inside install with no tap.  

I have been working on this for over a month now and I have gotten no where and every person I talk to at ComCast tell me they have no way to talk to the construction crew.  They have better security than the military!!!  ( I am a military Veteran). 

I am attempting this for the hopes of some help and a way to log what is happening.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: Conuctrustion Department!!!!!

ANYONE??? ANYONE??? BULLER?? BULLER???

Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

"Keepin' it clean since '09" --I am not a Comcast employee.
Official Employee

Hello Mack30215, I can assist you with getting services installed at your home and getting your tap activated. Please send me a private message with your full address, phone number, and your full name by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me".

Frequent Visitor

Did they ever get your tap installed? Took 10 years for me to get a cable properly buried. Same dance.
Frequent Visitor

Nope, was told today there would be an outside installer and inside installer.  The inside installer always shows up, but once agian no tap installed.  

Frequent Visitor

Well I got one email and a promise of a follow up yesterday and I still dont have a follow up.  

Can anyone help me???

Official Employee

Mack30215 wrote: Well I got one email and a promise of a follow up yesterday and I still dont have a follow up.  Can anyone help me???

I have responded to your private message please reach back out to me there. 

Frequent Visitor

As of today I still do not have any service with Comcast.