Community Forum

Contract without explanation OR agreement

New Poster

Contract without explanation OR agreement

In Novemeber of 2017 we called Comcast to lower our bill by eliminating one of the "Add ons" we initally placed or to cancel the account all together or just SEE how they can help us keep what we want to keep and drop other things to lower the bill. The bill was upwards of $220 a month was not feasible any longer and we were on the verge of cancelling. The sales rep explained there was a NEW promotion and we could go ahead and get it and get our bill lowered. 

AT  NO POINT did this person mention a 2 year agreement, or a contract. We have been customers of Comcast for OVER 5 years and we have never had customer service issues. They are trying to charge us $195 just to end our "contract" which we absolutely never agreed to. I feel as if this was a scam of some sort to not only prevent us from cancelling the services free of charge, but to lock us into a CONTRACT that we never agreed to.  We were not told by the salesperson that we were agreeing to a contract. IF that was ever mentioned, we would have never agreed to "lower our bill" to this new rate which in-fact, NEVER saved us any money! Our bill WENT UP to a MINIMUM of $232!! 

The representative on the phone today gave us the option to pay an "Early Termination Fee".... ridiculous. Comcast needs to be sued.

There better be a phone conversation sent to my e-mail in order to prove this. Which won't happen, because we did  not agree to any contracts. We even switched to T Mobile in order to avoid contracts. This is not how you treat comitted 5+ year customers who have paid OVER $13,000.00... yes, THIRTEEN THOUSAND dollars in the past to your company. Never again Comcast, NEVER again. 

I'd like a detailed explaination of the validity to place someone in a contract without their consent/agreement, and the recorded phone call you have to my e-mail.

Official Employee

Re: Contract without explanation OR agreement

LTGarcia173, I will pull the call from that conversation. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Ken, I am not able to privately message you.I have tried multiple times and my screen on phone and computer simply takes me to a blank page after clicking your name and then clicking on "Private Message Me"

Do you have an e-mail, please send to me.

Official Employee

LTGarcia173, got your private message. I'll follow up there.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!