Community Forum

Contract up, looking to cut cord, get better deal

New Poster

Contract up, looking to cut cord, get better deal

My 2 year contract is up at the end of the month (internet, TV and phone), and am looking to try to roll my own -- get stand-alone Internet (150mbps+), then use another provider (Direct TV or FIOS or SLING or something else) for TV services, and use Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime for my movie needs. Teenagers mainly on their devices, rarely watch traditional TV. Called Xfinity to see if they had a better deal for me and, after laying out my needs and stuff I can live without, they came back with a deal that was MORE expensive than what I am paying for right now. I think it is time to move on. Has anyone had similar experiences? Am amazed Comcast doesn't want to work too hard to retain a high-revenue customer, considering the costs of acquiring a new customer.
Official Employee

Re: Contract up, looking to cut cord, get better deal

I can help review and discuss the offers that are available to you. In order to do so, please send me a private message verifying your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!