Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Contract changed w/o my consent

New Poster

Contract changed w/o my consent

I took advantage of a promo that was offered to me (had to end my contract w/ DirecTV early). After paying to end my contract I called the number back that was given to me the day before only to be told that “promo was not in the computer”! Since I had Xfinity internet I was a technically a currant customer and none of the deals that I had been offered applied too me. I should of just listened to my gut and said this place is crooked but I needed the internet. I was offered a promo that included my internet, 220 channels in HD, streampix, Stars, the Broadcast TV fee and Regional Sports fee included. I own my modem and because I wanted a DVR I agreed to a 10 buck fee for whole house— even though the deal was for 1 TV only and that is all I wanted. I was also told I would get 3 months of HBO free for 3 months. It would be 104.99, plus the 10 bucks and basic taxes. When I got my 1st bill, I was charged for HBO and a modem fee. During a chat session with a person who didn’t understand my problem, she said she would credit me back the price for the HBO. However, she put in a ticket saying I had an upgrade I didn’t agree too and I got a letter from someone in customer service saying they couldn’t change my upgrade but they would give me 3 months of HBO for free— Huh!! But then I got a thing that said I had a new contract but this one is now 123.99 for what I had before but doesn’t included the Broadcast fee or Regional Sports fee. So now with taxes and fees my bill is 165 bucks! I am livid! The first contract that I signed and agreed to was 11/28/2017 but the new contract was done 1/4/2018. So can I cancel if the the new contract was done 1/4/2018??

Official Employee

Re: Contract changed w/o my consent

Hi Irishfly75,

I'd like to review your account further and help address your billing concerns. In order to assist you, could you please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services? Being able to review your account first will help when providing a solution to your problem.