Community Forum

Contacting Comcast by phone

Regular Visitor

Contacting Comcast by phone

I have been trying to call Comcast by phone for the last couple days.  I go through the voice prompts and then it says it will forward me to an agent....then it says I have dialed a disconnected number and give me another number (i-800-Comcast).  I dial it an go through the same thing.  I have tried the Chat and got the most rude and unhelpful person you can imagine.  I don't know how a company stays in business with such poor customer service.  It is clear they don't care if you stay or not.  The supervisor of the chat room gave me the number of Direct TV to solve my problem.  He was telling me to go elsewhere.  Now I have to resort to a public forum to try to get someone to speak with.  What a deal.

Official Employee

Re: Contacting Comcast by phone

Good afternoon, I apologize for the inconvenience and frustrations. I would be happy to assist you further from here. Can you verify your account information for me? To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with the account? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Contacting Comcast by phone

I finally spoke to an agent and thought I got my account straight until I got a call a couple days later wantng to schedule my phone installation.  The agent I spoke with asked about adding a phone to my acount and I specifically said I could not trust Comcast with my phone with the kind of customer service I am seeing.  She gave it to me anyway.  

The lady that called to schedule the instalation (Brenda) was the best customer service rep you could ask for.  Instead of telling me to call back and reorder what I wanted, she took ownership of my problem and set me up with exactly what I wanted.  

I managed a customer service organization for a major corporation before I retired.  I know what good service looks like.  The supervisor that gave me the Direct TV number to solve my problem would be fired in any real customer oriented organization.  All I know is his name started with a "V".  I didn't save his name because I thought the number he gave me was going to solve my problem.  Then when I found out his trick, I had no one to talk with.  Worst experience I've had.  Brenda saved the day and I hope she can get the recoginition she deserves.  The same goes for "V" in your chat room.