Community Forum

Construction office has not called

New Poster

Construction office has not called

I called 811 in PA yesterday to find out who called in a marking job on my property.  They said Comcast did and gave me the number of a construction office (610-842-2501) which I called to get more information and let them know that my invisible fence is not marked. 

Do not have Comcast at this property no want nor did I call for any service request.  The person at this construction office said that even though he covers Chester County it does not include my house which is in Chester County.  He said someone would call me from the office that does cover my area and nobody has. Please another call to the above number and the guy said he would help contact the subcontractor so that guys would call me.  What is Comcast doing?  I did not authorize this marking or making any cuts.  They marked areas of my property that are past the public easement for utilities.

Since PA1 told me that the job was scheduled to start today and is a road bore, I assume that Comcast might have the courtesy to call me.  They have dug up my lawn before and cut the fence.  How should I respond?  or more like who do i tell where the fence is located?  

Expert

Re: Construction office has not called

Hi @cmpt1920

The probability of you actually talking to anyone in Construction and them getting the information to a contractor is very low. The PA1 ppl will mark the utilities, even outside of the right-of-way. It dosesn't mean there is going to be work outside of the right-of-way. If you know where your fence is, mark it yourself with orange paint/flags. If they are doing a boring job, it means they are going under a sidewalk or roadway, that might give you a clue to where they are going to dig. Good luck, I hope they miss your fence!

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.