Community Forum

Construction Release Follow-up

Frequent Visitor

Construction Release Follow-up

Back in January I moved to a new address - one that isn't serviced by Comcast or any other cable provider. After a couple weeks of back and forth, I finally discovered that I could not receive service, even though there's an active line less than 300 feet away from my house (which is supposedly the distance required to get service installed), because my address had not been "released" by the construction department.

My question is this: is this a situation that will ever be resolved? It's been 4 months. Or is this just Comcast's way of telling me no without actually telling me no? I'd much rather receive a direct negative than an ambiguous half-answer. 

If a customer service rep could message me, or if anyone else in the community has had experience with a similar situation and could give me some insight, that'd be great! I'm slightly salty, but not angry or anything - I understand business is business and it might not be worth it to string a line to one house. Just would like an actual answer.

Thank you!

Official Employee

Re: Construction Release Follow-up

Hi @bdcessn

I know this can be frustrating. I've just replied to your private message and am willing to check to see if there have been any changes. Please reply at your convenience and we can go from there. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Che!

Official Employee

You're welcome! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Good morning, I'm following up on behalf of ComcastChe. Were you wanting to set up an account for your address?