Community Forum

Construction Help

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Construction Help

I have been in communication with Comcast Business about bringing internet service to our neighborhood since July of 2018. A site survey was conducted in early February and the closest business node is 14,000 feet away with an estimated construction cost of $60,000. They are willing to do the construction if my neighbors contact the agent with interest in services. I believe Xfinity residential would make more sense cost wise for everyone to commit to services. All of my neighbors use satellite internet and are not satisfied with the service. Xfinity residential has service connected to a house only 2,000 feet away. My cousin has Xfinity Fiber service 3 miles from me in one direction and AT&T has fiber connected 3 miles in the other direction. My issue is that I have spoken to 5 different people in various departments at Xfinity but do not receive any phone calls from the construction team as promised and when I do call again there is never any record of my address or communication whatsoever concerning the situation. This is very frustrating as I was a Comcast customer from 1999-2017 at my previous homes and would like to become one again. Thank you.

Regular Visitor

Re: Construction Help

I have spoken to 9 different Xfinity employees. I was told if there were 30 homes within a mile stretch that Xfinity would bring service to the area. We have 32 homes within half a mile distance. The closest node is 2,000ft away. I keep being told some one from construction will contact me. I have been to the Xfinity store twice and no one calls. I have spoken to the Cable Franchise Adminstrator with the Metropolitan Government of Davidson county Nashville and Customer Relations at Comcast all promising a call from construction and no one has called. I can’t even get a site survey done with Xfinity. This is the worst service or lack there of I’ve ever received from a company in my life. I will be speaking to an individual in the state senate in TN whom we are friends with and keep pushing Xfinity for progress. The Broadband Accessibility Act needs to be actually put to use.
Official Employee

Re: Construction Help

Hi @davidIT

Thank you for being a valued customer during that time. I apologize for the experience you've had while trying to get service at your new address. From my experience, when the line techs, maintenance techs, or construction team is needed, they will only make contact with you if they need additional information.

In an effort to help better your experience, I'd be more than happy to reach out to the construction team for you. As for a timeframe of when or if this can be done, I cannot make any promises until I find out more about your request. Either way, I will be your point of contact so you are kept in the loop of what's going on. 

Can you send me a private message with a few pieces of information before I can begin? 

• Your first and last name, 
  • Your preferred contact phone number, 
  • Your preferred email address, 
  • The full street address to the location where you would like to have service installed, 
  • The 2 major cross streets to this address *This is required*
  • The services you wish to have installed. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!