Community Forum

Construction Department

New Poster

Construction Department

I need to contact someone in the construction department.  I am being told that my new build is not servicable, yet the box is on the corner of my lot and my surrounding neighbors have it.  I am concerned that because the address is not in your system yet (because it is a new subdivided parcel) that I'm being told no, when really it is there.  If there really is an issue, what can I do to fix it? 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Construction Department

@noahvc99 wrote:

I need to contact someone in the construction department.  I am being told that my new build is not servicable, yet the box is on the corner of my lot and my surrounding neighbors have it.  I am concerned that because the address is not in your system yet (because it is a new subdivided parcel) that I'm being told no, when really it is there.  If there really is an issue, what can I do to fix it? 

Bottom line for a new home to be "serviceable" it needs to have a postal address - not just a "build" address.  So, if your home is still in the build stages, it would have to be finished and the postal address established.  Your new home may be in limbo and a "figment" of everyone's imagination.  If you haven't closed on the home yet you aren't able to establish services until you have; you can't establish service at a place you don't own.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Construction Department

noahvc99, thank you for reaching out here on the forums. 

Thank you so much for being interested in our service! I'd love to check this out more to see what we can do to get service provided to your home. Please PM me with your first and last name to look into this further together. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!