Community Forum

Constant tv and internet issues

Frequent Visitor

Constant tv and internet issues

I have had both tv and internet issues for at least the last 6 months. On the tv side, often times my local HD channels can not be watched, with a message on the tv saying that it is unavailable at this time. However, the local SD version of the channel can be viewed. I pay to watch HD programming and have equipment to do so, not to mention the extra money I pay to watch HD programming. On the internet side, I often have outages. My internet connections drop quite often, several times daily, if not hourly. My connection speeds often are much slower than what I pay for. It's so bad, I had to upgrade my data package on my cellphone and just use data and not the wifi that I pay for. Both of these are unacceptable. I have sent other messages on here and on the forums and haven't gotten a response from anyone. For months I have paid for services that are unavailable to me. This is clearly an issue on your end. At the very least these issues need fixed and I need to be credited for the services I've paid for and been unable to use for the past 6 months. This needs to be addressed asap.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Constant tv and internet issues

The picture is one I just took while trying to turn on NBC HD. I freaking local channel I can get with an antenna and I can't get it on Comcast, yet I'm sure paying for it. Unacceptable!!!!! This has been going on for months.
IMG_20180701_140308.jpg
Official Employee

When was the last time that you had a tech out. Your dvr is way out of the range it needs to be in to work properly. In comparison, your modem uses the exact same frequencies and it’s fine.
Frequent Visitor

I had a tech out here in the last 6 to 8 months, for many of the same issues. A smaller piece of coax was replaced outside of the house before it enters the house. I'm glad you're seeing that there are definitely issues.
Frequent Visitor

So yeah, a tech came out, did next to nothing, obviously didn't fix anything as I've had these issues for some time, and was charged for a tech visit. So in that time, my TV quality and viewing ability have been poor at best. I feel my money has been wasted so far this year to date.
Frequent Visitor

So what do we need to do to remedy this situation?
Official Employee

Have another tech out, but also don’t wait 8 months to report an issue. I’ve escalated it up to a colleague to get one scheduled if that’s the route that you want to go.

In the meantime, take a look for any unnecessary splitters that can be removed. That may clear up signal issues.
Official Employee

Hi, t_house - I can schedule a tech visit for you. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click  Private Message Me.