Community Forum

Considering cancelling service.

Regular Visitor

Considering cancelling service.

I am a long time Comcast customer who has never had a late payment or caused any problems for the company.  I am considering cancelling my service because of the company's complete unwillingness to work with me on lowering my bill.  My rates keep going up, yet I see that new customers can get the same  or better services than I have for much less per month.  This is not right!  It is a poor way to treat loyal customers!! Is there any way that I can renew my service at the new customer rates without cancelling and signing up again?

Expert

Re: Considering cancelling service.

@redtruck1 wrote:

Is there any way that I can renew my service at the new customer rates without cancelling and signing up again?

You can't just cancel service and then turn around and set it up again.  You have to be without Comcast services for 90 days before you can be considered a new customer.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for using the Xfinity Forums for your question. I can look further at your account and see if there are any promotions available. Can you verify your account information for me? To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">.  I once was able to keep my bill up to date, but I've had trouble since they keep raising the price.  They will not help.  They continuously tack on late fees and reconnection fees.  I've had two customer service representatives tell me, "Well if you pay your bill..."  Really?  After I've just told you I'm having trouble and that your lack of help with finding a cheaper plan without cable (I NEVER watch it) makes it worse?  If my son didn't need internet for some of his school work, I'd get rid of it.  I'm looking for something else.  <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">