Community Forum

Confusing Information about Internet with/without Instant TV Package

New Poster

Confusing Information about Internet with/without Instant TV Package

Hello all. 

I am a new customer to Xfinity and recently purchased the Internet with Instant TV Package. When looking at the packages online, it said it was $35/month for either one. 

Yesterday, the representative said it WAS the same price for both, so I got the one with TV. I didn't know there was an $8 Broadcast fee, so I tried to change it today. 

On the Xfinity chat, the person said that I could drop to just the Internet package, so I called and tried to do that but the lady said that this would increase my bill? 

I don't understand why having less features would cost more. Someone help. I don't want to pay for something I know I won't use.

Expert

Re: Confusing Information about Internet with/without Instant TV Package

@apl2 wrote:

Hello all. 

I am a new customer to Xfinity and recently purchased the Internet with Instant TV Package. When looking at the packages online, it said it was $35/month for either one. 

Yesterday, the representative said it WAS the same price for both, so I got the one with TV. I didn't know there was an $8 Broadcast fee, so I tried to change it today. 

On the Xfinity chat, the person said that I could drop to just the Internet package, so I called and tried to do that but the lady said that this would increase my bill? 

I don't understand why having less features would cost more. Someone help. I don't want to pay for something I know I won't use.

When you bundle you are getting a discounted price.  When you have only one service, unless there is a temporary promotion, you are paying for the everyday price.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!