Community Forum

Comprehensive COVID-19 Response to Help Keep Americans Connected

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast fees

yes.  wouldn't it be nice if the talking heads at the Comcast owned NBC stable including MSNBC, E! and Golf Channel; (especially) ESPN and other sports cable channels; the cable news channels like Fox News and CNN; the broadcast networks like ABC and CBS; and Bravo and other reality channels all cut their salaries by 90%, and in turn, Comcast reduce fees to consumers.  how about permanently?  not likely.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Comprehensive COVID-19 Response to Help Keep Americans Connected

PLEASE REMOVE LATE FEE CHARGES FROM COSTUMERS ACCOUNTS FROM MARCH 'TIL FURTHER NOTICE! THANK YOU!!!

NJ RESIDENT

Highlighted
New Poster

Don't let them fool you!!!!!!   They definitely are charging late fees if you cannot pay on time!!!!!  Received my latest bill and it has a late fee because I called them last month when all this started and was told don't worry, we won't charge a late fee, just pay as soon as you can!!!!!   Now, you cannot get through the automated service to speak to a representative in order to dispute the bill!!!!!!   Comcast is a joke, telling people one thing and doing another during this time we are all going through!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Comcast fees

@jringvcky 

As mentioned, we have automatic processes in place to stop automatic disconnections of internet and voice services due to nonpayment.    

https://www.xfinity.com/prepare

We understand that Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Voice services are critical for connectivity, so for a limited time we will not be suspending these services for any customer not able to pay their bill.

We know your Xfinity service is critical at this time and we want to make sure you remain connected. If you have been impacted by quarantines or closures and need more time to pay your bill for Xfinity TV, Internet, Home or home phone services:

• Select Billing, then Bill and Payment Settings
  • Click on Schedule a Payment
  • Then go to Payment Date and choose a new due date

If you need more help, you can chat with the Xfinity Assistant. Or, report an issue online if you believe your payment was misapplied (or is missing). 

Thanks for your continued patience.  

Our full response is available here:  https://www.xfinity.com/prepare

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

@hotel4dogs 

Our official and in place active response is listed at the link below . We have automatic processes in place to stop automatic disconnections of internet and voice services due to nonpayment.    

We understand that Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Voice services are critical for connectivity, so for a limited time we will not be suspending these services for any customer not able to pay their bill.

We know your Xfinity service is critical at this time and we want to make sure you remain connected. If you have been impacted by quarantines or closures and need more time to pay your bill for Xfinity TV, Internet, Home or home phone services:

If you need more help, you can chat with the Xfinity Assistant. Or, report an issue online if you believe your payment was misapplied (or is missing).

As a courtesy, I have credited back any late fees incurred over the past 12 months. I hope that helps. 

Our agents always have had the latitude and flexibility to waive/credit late fees; even more so now.  

Apologies again and thanks for your patience. Hang in there.   

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@cbquinn 

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you encountered. 

Looks like our agent was able to quickly reverse that late fee when you spoke with them this afternoon.  Our agents always have had the latitude and flexibility to waive/credit late fees; even more so now.  

We have also provided an additional small credit on your account. I hope that helps.  

Our official and in place active response is listed at the link below . We have automatic processes in place to stop disconnections of internet and voice services due to nonpayment.    

Apologies again and thanks for your patience. Hang in there.   

Highlighted
New Poster

dont believe it they will turn you off in a heart beat, i was disconnected and ive been a loyal customer since they started, woke up this morning and everything was off had to use what little cash i have in the bank sso my son can use internet and watch t.v, so how are you keeping people connected?.

Highlighted
Expert

@Brass860 wrote:

dont believe it they will turn you off in a heart beat, i was disconnected and ive been a loyal customer since they started, woke up this morning and everything was off had to use what little cash i have in the bank sso my son can use internet and watch t.v, so how are you keeping people connected?.

Reading your other post, your son said the "cable was off", meaning the tv.  Internet and phone services would have still be on because they are considered "essential" services for work-at-home and online schooling.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Brass860 Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. 

We are not turning off internet and voice services. 

I've gone ahead and credited back any late fees incurred over the past 22 months and also provided an additional credit. I hope that helps.  Hang in there. 

We know how important it is to stay connected, especially during an unprecedented time like this. Although your bill payments are overdue, we have pledged to keep you connected during this difficult time.

We've developed the Xfinity Assistance Plan. The Plan enables you to continue to receive Xfinity Internet service for a lower price. The Plan also ensures that you won't accrue large outstanding balances during this difficult period. The Plan is described below and will be in effect until at least May 13, 2020. Please know that you will not be disconnected during this time.

Please note that, if you have Xfinity TV services, they are not included in the Xfinity Assistance Plan and will be suspended unless you pay your past due balance. If you have Xfinity Mobile or Xfinity Home services, neither will be suspended during this time, although your Xfinity Home service may be diminished. You'll still be able to arm and disarm your system and use your cameras to monitor activity.

Any Xfinity Internet service will be transferred to the Xfinity Assistance Plan in the next couple of days. The Plan will appear as "Xfinity Assistance Plan" on your next bill with a charge of $14.95 per month.

Here's what the Xfinity Assistance Plan includes:

•Xfinity Internet at the speed of 25/3 Mbps

•No Xfinity Wireless Gateway rental charges

Once your past due balance is paid, your prior Xfinity services will resume. Please be aware it may take up to 48 hours for all of your services to be reactivated, and there will not be a reactivation charge. We'll let you know when the Xfinity Assistance Plan ends. When it does, you must pay all of your past due balances to maintain your services and avoid disconnection.

If you prefer to discontinue your Xfinity service, please visit xfinity.com/support/cancel-service .

We hope the Xfinity Assistance Plan offers some relief during these uncertain times. Visit xfinity.com/prepare  for answers to frequently asked questions about how we're handling the COVID-19 pandemic and tips to optimize your home network.

To schedule a payment or see your billing details, go to My Account at xfinity.com/myaccount.

Highlighted
New Poster

It sure would be nice to be able to talk to a person and not an automated bot or useless self help algorithm.  Last fall we scheduled our seasonal plan to be resumed on April 1 for a summer vacation cottage.  With the Covid-19 pandemic and governor's stay at home directive, we are not able to go to that location until mid May at least.  The place doesn't even have power so it should be easy for Comcast to verify it's never connected to their system since last year.  Unsuccessfully trying to talk to a person about getting a bill adjustment for April resumation of services and data/TV charges that we can't even utilize.  Frustrating to say the least, and seems to be the common sentiment from other friends and associates with Comcast

Highlighted
Official Employee

@TonyJSenior  Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I've credited the account for April and May (through May 26, 2020). There is currently no balance due on the account.

Please contact us when you are back in the seasonal location or if you won't be there by May 26.

Thanks for your patience and hang in there.  

Highlighted
Official Employee

Comcast Extends Comprehensive COVID-19 Response Policies To June 30

As shelter in place continues to be the norm and schools remain closed across the country, Comcast announced today it will extend its commitments for Xfinity customers through June 30 to help ensure students can finish out the school year from home and remain connected to the internet during the COVID-19 crisis.

More details at the links below: 

https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/comcast-extends-comprehensive-covid-19-response-policie...

Highlighted
Official Employee

As shelter in place continues to be the norm and schools remain closed across the country, Comcast announced today it will extend its commitments for Xfinity customers through June 30 to help ensure students can finish out the school year from home and remain connected to the internet during the COVID-19 crisis.

More details at the links below: 

https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/comcast-extends-comprehensive-covid-19-response-policie...