Community Forum

Complaint about a customer service phone representative - how do I report this to Comcast.

Highlighted
New Poster

Complaint about a customer service phone representative - how do I report this to Comcast.

My Comcast service usually stays up pretty well, but for those few times that it drops and an equipment power-cycle doens't fix the issue, I have always had very good service from Comcast reps once I get one on the line - Today was VERY different.  My internet service and both Comcast phone lines were down, so I called on my cell phone.  The comcast rep verified who I was, and then instead of helping me get tech support, she launched into a spiel about how she could charge me a one-time $99 fee to remove a 99-cent per month service fee.  I told her I wasn't interested and just wanted to get the problem fixed (I was working from home through the internet...) - but she just kept talking about the one-time fee and how it could save me money - and when I tried to interrupt her to just getthe problem fixed, she kept getting LOUDER  (and so did I) until I was finally yelling for her to "lady just please SHUT UP and deal with the problem!"   She finally got quiet and I said something like "can I talk now so we can get the problem fixed?"   She responded with something about how she wanted to save me some money and started in again with her spiel - I interrupted again and said "STOP - I'm not changing anything - I just want my service fixed!" - she then said that me telling her to stop and shut up wasn't going to get her to stop - I interjected to say "put your supervisor on the line then!" - to which she said "have a nice day" and hung up on me.  I did not write down her operator ID when she first got on the line - because my phone interactions with the Comcast operators had always been very good before, so I saw no need to write it down - now I really wish I had done that.  So is there any way we can track down this operator - I have my account number, and the call initiation time listed on my cell-phone is 14:40 EDT.   That woman provided the absolute WORST customer service that I think I've ever had to deal with on the phone with any company I've done business wtih - she needs to find a different line of work.  I'll surely be writing down those operator IDs in the future.  Afterwards I called back and got the automated support system - it was able to fix my problem.  Then I called back and worked my way back through to get to an operator - that guy was very helpful - I told him what had happened a few minutes earlier and he tried to look up the operator number of the person I had on the line earlier, but she (wisely) had not entered any notes on my call, so the Comcast support system didn't save anything about the call - he suggested that I get online on the Comcast website and try to contact corporate about the issue - maybe they will be able to track her down with the call logs - I hope it WAS actually recorded like they say that calls might be...