Community Forum

Complaint about Comcast products, service and respecting our privacy

New Poster

Complaint about Comcast products, service and respecting our privacy

I have been a Comcast customer since 1999 and primarily because they are a monopoly!

When the X1 product came out, I suffered through a year an 3/4 where if you tried to DVR two of the same named shows, such as would appear on ION or any station that shows multiple repeats, it would cut off the last minute of the first show. I tried extending the time, which was an option, but it didn't work an had to suffer with a product that didn't work as advertised until finally they figured it out. ( 1 and 3/4 years)

I had a problem an the technician replaced my DVR telling me that all my saved shows would be back on the DVR within 24 to 48 hours as the shows were stored in the cloud.  It never happened, so again something I paid for and had the right to look at when I chose was taken away.

I was concerned about storage on my DVR and ask three different Comcast technical people to get a true answer. I was told by one person that I had about 500 GB on the DVR and another 500 GB associated with the second box in my house even though it was not a DVR, but this storage was in the cloud and I also because of my DVR had an additional 500 GB of storage in the cloud so a total of 1.5 TB. I got a different answer that didn't seem to make sense and then I spoke to a third person in technical support that basically told me the other two were incorrect and I was 94 % utilized in my cloud storage.   It's not the first time i had asked questions to technical support personnel and got incorrect answers.

I had my voicemail setup, since I upgraded years ago to the X1 platform where the voicemail message would be sent to my non Comcast email. It worked until January 9th and then just stopped working. Today, I spent a total of two hours resolving this issue with some technical people that had no idea what I was talking about. They actually made it so it started sending emails, of voicemails and there related .wav files to both of my email addresses and it took almost another 30 minutes to resolve the issue. In total the time spent on this problem, created by Comcast was about 2 hours.

I have complained previously that I do not want to use any part of my social security number as verification as you are giving out 4 of 9 digits and in this day of identify theft, I do not feel comfortable. Even Medicare is changing there new cards by removing the social security number. I at one time had agreement with Comcast that I could supply a pin, but then they changed it back.

As I said, I am a Comcast customer not by choice, but because it is a monopoly and the alternative solutions made available to us at our location are not acceptable.  If this is not the proper place to complain about a company whose prices keep rising while it service is related the lowest in the industrty, then please tell me as I feel like I am writing in internet space right now and none of what I say here will make a different.

If all of you are satisfied customers, then I am happy for you.  It has been a miserable experience that keeps on getting worse.  High prices, for products that don't always work as advertised and a technical support department that doesn't know it;s own product.

Who do you complain to as I don't expect, based upon my experience with Comcast that they will do anything to deal with these major issues.