Community Forum

Comcast won't respond to my new cable line installation job.

New Poster

Comcast won't respond to my new cable line installation job.

We recently purchased a new house located in Middletown, MD which Comcast is my only option for cable internet. On May 7, 2018, I made an appointment for new internet service on May 12, 2018. First appointment went well, tchnician showed up, informed me since we never had internet for this house, they will need to install a new cable line.  He made a job order for new cable line to be instralled, I start to getting emails, on May14, I got a email said the underground utilities will be marked soon, which soon I saw those marks in my yard. Ever since then, the problem starts. On May 18,2018 I received an email says " your new cable line will be installed soon: good news! a technician has been assigned" after that email, I haven't heard anything from them for almost 2 weeks. Finally I called to check what's going on, I was told I have to call to make an appointment to have the new cable install, I did made an appointment on May 29, 2018 between 8-10 AM. When it came to that day, no one showed up, I called again to the customer service, they did not explain anything about why no one showed up for my appointment, the only thing they told me is : the earliest time we can make an appointment for your new cable like to be installed is Jun 6, 2018. I have no choice, I accepted that time, make an appointment for Jun 6, 2018, which was yesterday between 3-5 PM. In case the same situation happen again, I called a week ago to confirm that appointment, 3 days ago to confirm that appointment, 1 day ago and the same day to confirm that appointment. Every reps I have talked with is there is no problem, I can give you the ticket# for that job. When it came to Jun 6, 2018, sure enough no one showed up, my husband called at 4:20 was told there still 40 minutes for them to show up. Bacislly means don't call us back until 5 PM. Of course, no one showed up, no call, no notice, no email. no explaination. My husband called back, was told they will send the technician back now, of course, no one, no call, no follow up. We required to talk to a superivisor, they "escolate our case" till today 2:00 PM right now, I still did not heard back from them. I never had such hard time to deal with a customer service, now I totally just feel they are intentionally ignoring us, bacuse they just not interested in that digging job. They just want to come to your house, hook up the cable line. I have never thought in these days, getting internet could be this diffcult. If Comcast do not want to complete this job, just tell us, don't keep promising us it will get done but no one actually cares.