Community Forum

Comcast won't let me downgrade to internet only

Regular Visitor

Comcast won't let me downgrade to internet only

I would like to downgrade to internet ONLY service but Comcast is not allowing me to pick the internet service I want.  The only option they are giving me is the most expensive plan.  The irony is that, when I chatted with them, they suggested to cancel the service and come back a month later and then I would be allowed to pick whatever service plan I want.  It will cost me $100 to cancel and come back.  At the same time, ATT Uverse is offering a better service plan than the one I wanted to get for less money and, on top of that, I am getting a gift card for $100 which will cover the cancellation fee.  The weirdest thing is that Comcast is willing to let a customer of 14 years go instead of retain me.  Since I have everything setup for Comcast in my house, is there a better way to get what I want without cancelling the service?

Expert

Re: Comcast won't let me downgrade to internet only

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Comcast won't let me downgrade to internet only

Hi edwinrr68. I can assist with your downgrade options to Internet Only. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. Thank you.