Community Forum

Comcast won't install line to my house, why???

Regular Visitor

Comcast won't install line to my house, why???

I am a longtime comcast customer and we love the services provided.  However, I am extremly frustrated with the answers/responses I've recieved from the customer service team lately.  I recently purchased a new home (new construction) and wanted to transfer my service to my new home.   I called comcast to inquire about running a line from the main road to my house.  Jerry told me that he would send out a team to evaluate the situation and see if it was possible.  He also reccomended that I check out cablemover.com to see providers (comcast comes up for my new address).  Jerry gave me a ticket number and said someone would call me back within 1 week.  Needless to say, no one ever called.   I called back to inquire and was told that they could not run the wire and I needed to find another provider.   I informed them that cablemover is listing them as the only provider in the area and I stressted to him the importance of the service, as I work from home.  He was unable to assist.   I called back a few days later to see if I could get some additonal inforamtion and was told that the closest connection is 0.4 mile away and that it would cost me $400K to have the wire run to my house.   The agent even suggested that the neighbors chip in to cover the cost.  This is absurd!  The services are in my area, I'm a longtime customer and they would not run the wire so that I can set up services.  I'm beyond frustrated and wondering if anything can be done?  Can you run these wires yourself or with a local contractor?  It seems crazy that comcast would not want to keep customers and expand their coverage area by 0.4 mile.  HELP!!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Comcast won't install line to my house, why???

@vw2410 wrote:

I am a longtime comcast customer and we love the services provided.  However, I am extremly frustrated with the answers/responses I've recieved from the customer service team lately.  I recently purchased a new home (new construction) and wanted to transfer my service to my new home.   I called comcast to inquire about running a line from the main road to my house.  Jerry told me that he would send out a team to evaluate the situation and see if it was possible.  He also reccomended that I check out cablemover.com to see providers (comcast comes up for my new address).  Jerry gave me a ticket number and said someone would call me back within 1 week.  Needless to say, no one ever called.   I called back to inquire and was told that they could not run the wire and I needed to find another provider.   I informed them that cablemover is listing them as the only provider in the area and I stressted to him the importance of the service, as I work from home.  He was unable to assist.   I called back a few days later to see if I could get some additonal inforamtion and was told that the closest connection is 0.4 mile away and that it would cost me $400K to have the wire run to my house.   The agent even suggested that the neighbors chip in to cover the cost.  This is absurd!  The services are in my area, I'm a longtime customer and they would not run the wire so that I can set up services.  I'm beyond frustrated and wondering if anything can be done?  Can you run these wires yourself or with a local contractor?  It seems crazy that comcast would not want to keep customers and expand their coverage area by 0.4 mile.  HELP!!

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/onlinemoves

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

No, my question has not been addressed yet.

Official Employee

Hello, I can help review this address and any open tickets and see if service is available at this address. Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi vw2410, thank you for working with me through private message and please reach back out if you still need assistance in the future.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!