Community Forum

Comcast wifi exterior installation hole

New Poster

Comcast wifi exterior installation hole

I live in 4plex, I had the in house comcast tech comes to my apartment. He found the box at the back of the building, he wanted to connect the wifi cable to the bedroom exterior wall. But i wanted the installation in the front where the living room is. Also he said i do not have an exterior hole to enter the wire to the interior, i told the tech that all the apartments has comcast connected accept my apartment. But the tech still insisted to get a permission from the landlord for installation. If all the apartments has comcast with access hole form the exterior wall. Why the tech is asking for permission from the land lord. Also if i ask the landlord for permission, can he refuse to give me permission to install comcast if all apartments has comcast. Please i need a comcast advice
Admin1

Re: Comcast wifi exterior installation hole

Hi Jamesusa -- I can help clear up why the tech couldn't drill where you needed. Our techs are not permitted to drill through interior walls in Multi Dwelling Units, such as 4plexes. Techs are only permitted to drill through the exterior wall. Landlord permission would be needed to go through any other walls besides exterior. Granting that permission will be up to your landlord's discretion. This installation appointment has been rescheduled to make another attempt.  

Admin1

Re: Comcast wifi exterior installation hole

Jamesusa -- Following up on your install. Installation appointment shows completed. Can you confirm the tech was able to get service installed and working as intended?