Community Forum

Comcast uses fraudulent practices.

New Poster

Comcast uses fraudulent practices.

I lived in the country for 39 years. Last december bought a house in town and was finally able to get comcast. My wife ordered internet and tv due to me being in the hospital awaiting brain surgery she put in her name. We had it for 28 days and got almost a 400 dollar bill. When she called to get it worked there answer was to disconnect the service after trying to work it out for 8 months one person decided to help. After working out the deal they were to call back and never did. After a month of getting no one to help finally got one to help then they reccomended paying the 54 dollar fee and return equipment and then have me call and start service under my name. Well i did what i was told to do. They scheduled my installation date and i was set they took a 50 dollar refundable deposit from my debit card.
The day before my services were suppose to be installed i get a phone call saying after running my name it came up i owed a over 3000 dollar bill and couldnt give me services and hung up. I called back and explained i never lived in an area where they offered comcast and never lived in the town they said. So the collection department couldnt find my ssn# cause they wanted to run a inquiry and see if i was telling them the truth. So i gave them the number and they ran the inquiry and they come back and said they found no evidence i lived or had service in that town. But in order to fight it i have to have the police do a police report and turn it in as fraud so i started the process. In the meantime we had a rep call and wanted to work out a way to get us going so they worked a deal with my wife and was suppose to get it on after taking money they come back and said they cant now because her name is on an account that owes over 3000 dollars and my name and ssn and phone is now tied to that account. It kills me they had nothing but a name before now they have all my info and that they added after the fact. There is alot more to this and nobody at comcast wants to listen but my attorney general does and my state representatives are really interested in hearing this and i talked to a lawyer today and he is very interested in the case. They are saying i had to fight cause someone frauded me but after the last couple days my attourney general thinks comcast is committing fraudulent acts by adding false information to accounts that dont belong to the person that is trying to get service.
Official Employee

Re: Comcast uses fraudulent practices.

1madperson, I'd like to look into your billing issue with your wife's account. If you haven't already, an investigation with our Customer Security Assurance team needs to be open regarding the issue with opening the account in your name. They can be reached here: 844-335-8719.

Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your phone number, account address, and full name for assistance.