Community Forum

Comcast technician physically cut cables to my house

New Poster

Comcast technician physically cut cables to my house

I lost internet connectivity today and was notified by certain smartphone apps.

I didn’t understand why until I came home, saw cut cables littered on my sidewalk, and noticed the cables coming from my house were cut. Went inside and found I had no internet or cable. Checked my ring doorbell footage from earlier in the day and saw some of the last footage was of a Comcast tech pulling up to my house (I live in a single family row home in the city, very close to the street). He gets out, puts a later up to the second story of the front of my house where one of the cables from the cable line from the rest of the street connects. I can’t see what he does because he’s out of view, but he makes several trips back and forth to his truck and up the ladder.

The last thing I see on the ring doorbell footage is him coming up to underneath the camera where another cable connects from the outside and bend down towards the cable, and I suddenly lose the connection.

It appears a tech came to my house unannounced and simply cut my cable.

Why did this happen and has anyone else experienced this before? I’ve already scheduled a technician to come out tomorrow but wasn’t able to get an explanation from customer service and am still confused why this happened.
Official Employee

Re: Comcast technician physically cut cables to my house

Hello, BR325. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

I'm glad you reached out to us about this and I understand how confusing and frustrating this must be for you. I'd like to take a closer look into this situation to confirm, but given your description it sounds like it may have been a mandatory disconnect due to ingress. In short, if a home is identified to be feeding back signal that is interfering with emergency and aircraft communications, we are obligated to address the issue immediately. If we are unable to contact the customer at that time, the line will be disconnected and the homeowner will be notified to reach out and schedule a time to make the appropriate repairs. I'd like to help clarify if this was the case for you. Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Comcast technician physically cut cables to my house

BR325, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to get some clarification to the situation as well as quickly re-connected, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!