Community Forum

Comcast technician broke down my wooden fence gate to access the service box in my backyard.

New Poster

Comcast technician broke down my wooden fence gate to access the service box in my backyard.

I understand that since there is a comcast service box in my backyard, comcast has the right to enter my backyard to access it. But they can kick it in and break the gate to pieces, then leave it broken when they leave??

The reason the gate is locked is because we had our house burglarized, via the unlocked gates going into the backyard. I know this won't stop a determined thief because they could hop it or, as this technician did, break it open. But making it hard is the whole point to deter criminals.

Who is going to pay for the broken gate to get fixed???

Official Employee

Re: Comcast technician broke down my wooden fence gate to access the service box in my backyard.

Hi, Dr_French! Thank you for posting your question in our community! My apologies for your experience, I can reach out to the local Tech Ops team and address the damage. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Comcast technician broke down my wooden fence gate to access the service box in my backyard.

@Dr_French - I escalated your request to the local team and I see that they already contacted you directly. You are in good hands now. Please don't ever hesitate to reach me at any time. Have a wonderful day!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!