Community Forum

Comcast tech came installed a big ugly gray box on my house. Why. How do I get rid of that thing

New Poster

Comcast tech came installed a big ugly gray box on my house. Why. How do I get rid of that thing

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Comcast tech came installed a big ugly gray box on my house. Why. How do I get rid of that thing

Do you have Comcast service?

Official Employee

Re: Comcast tech came installed a big ugly gray box on my house. Why. How do I get rid of that thing

Hi shuac001, are you referring to a cable box or a modem for the internet? You can always swap any equipment at a local Comcast service center at no extra charge. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Big plastic box with 2 wires and a splitter in it. 99 percent empty. going to take box back to Comcast

Silver Problem Solver

You did not answer my question, do you have Comcast service?