Community Forum

Comcast system quality issues

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Comcast system quality issues

General complaint and rant: I've been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for over 18 years, and I have to say it's the service provider that by FAR requires the most oversight and involvement my part to deliver advertised performance and quality of service. I am on the phone I believe every other month about a service issue, and welcoming a tech to my house quarterly. And to the best of my knowledge, none of these issues have been resolved with the replacement of, or correction to, any of my customer-supplied equipment or infrastucture . NONE. ZERO. Each performance issue requires significant time and energy on my part to start the debugging process and then collaborate with telephone support personnel to fulfill their debugging process, then move on to entertaining a tech visit so that they can determine the problemn exists in the Comcast distribution system, or head end, or whatever. I am currently experiencing slow internet download speeds (upload speed, video, and voice are fine), and will welcome another tech visit tomorrow. I had to identify there was an issue in download speed, run a couple of modem resets, continually verify download speed status, spend 50 minutes on the phone with tech support, yada, yada, yada. I have been told I am at the perimeter of a network node service area and that contributesd to my ongoing issues. What will Comcast agree to do to deliver acceptable performance to ALL customers in a network node? What will it take for Comcast to assume responsibility for customer quality? I am NOT a Comcast quality control auditor, but I certainly feel like I am being treated as one.