Community Forum

Comcast solutions to consumers issues...

New Poster

Comcast solutions to consumers issues...

Sooooooo, going through issues with my internet connection and Comcast/Xfinity, a light bulb went off that has taken me many years to see.  I guess that I always want to believe that companies are taking care of their customers...

It has occured to me that the solution from Comcast (whether from the executive rep. or the Xfinity # rep.) always seems to be for the customer to go out and spend their own money to buy equipment which will make/ allow the Comcast equipment (which you are paying for) to work in your house. Yup, we are paying a monthly fee for internet service (in my case two monthly fees in the same house - unsolved issue) and we are paying for the rental of a Comcast modem ($10.00 a month... Hmmmmm after a year I would think that modem has well been paid for!) And guess what - I am NOT getting internet connection throughout my entire, small home - unless I pay the two internet bills.  And the solution from Comcast is/has been (which I admit I have gone out and purchased...) to spend my own money on boosters or repeaters or Xfinity pods or a better modem or.....  Purchase items so that the Xfinity Items/services I am paying for - work!?!?!

Comcast/Xfinity is making over a billion dollars a year in profits.  We as their customers, should all get a thank you letter for purchasing our own items so that they do not have to spend time/money to improve their equipment; which our self purchased equipment is allowing/making work. 

I know, no one is forcing me to use Comcast/Xfinity - and the one other option I have might be even worse... But, there is something wrong with a company that has the solution for their unability to provide a service they offer to be - Go out and purchase something to make our "stuff" work!  If I can go out and purchase something to make their "stuff" work - why don't they provide those items to make their "stuff" work?

Expert

Re: Comcast solutions to consumers issues...

I'm not understanding...if you don't want to rent equipment why don't you buy your own? See: https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/ for compatible equipment, And there a lot of factors that determine how well Wi-Fi works. That's up to you to manage as Comcast is not responsible for your home network. Here are some tips to improve your Wi-Fi: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Improve-Your-Wireless-Gateway-Home-Network/m-p/26276...

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.