Community Forum

Comcast service area become non-service area and they charged me early termination fee

Regular Visitor

Comcast service area become non-service area and they charged me early termination fee

I have been with Comcast for 4 years and I do like their service and internet a lot. However, I got very very frustrated with their customer services recently. I bought a new home March this year and plan to move to the new location with Comcast and I got the information that Comcast is internet utility company for my new home (paper copy attached). So I renewed a 12 months contract with Comcast thinking that I can transfer my service to my new home when I move. However, few weeks ago I called comcast for transferring my service the representative told me my home is non-service area. I got confused with why my home become non-service area and the representative fail to explain why. And then I called the next day to disconnect, the second representative told me they may set up the service for my new home based on my zipcode. Then the second representative filed a collective ticket (I filed two tickets) for someone to visit my home and check, but nobody contects me for a week. I asked the third representative (another call) about whether I can call the collective department, they said no and all I can do is waiting. Since I can't delay my moving and work forever, so I finally disconnect my service with comcast and they said they will charge me early termination fee $80.

I just want to say few things about what I feel about Comcast:

1. I do like the internet service Comcast have and it is bad that I can't continue to use it;

2. I am disappointed about how customer service because they kept telling me different information and their suggestions didn't solve the problem I had. If I know that it is likely nobody will come to help me "set up" comcast in my home, I won't spend weeks waiting for them (I will disconnect maybe earlier).

3. I am very confused about the information service become non-service and they still charge me early termination fee (though I have been a old customer for very long time).

YWAN446

IMG_6113.JPG

Expert

Re: Comcast service area become non-service area and they charged me early termination fee

Hi @YWAN446

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Comcast service area become non-service area and they charged me early termination fee

YWAN446, thanks for reaching out. No one likes conflicting information so many apologies for this experience. The question at hand is: is your new home serviceable by us or not. Unfortunately, I can't vouch for the picture you attached and it's accuracy but I can help clear up some things that happened here. Please send me your full name in private message so I can assist. 

KenF

Regular Visitor

Thanks!
Regular Visitor

Hi, @The_Janitor

I have sent private to @ComcastKenF twice and he/she hasn't replied me.And nobody is following up with me about this case. I'd like to know what's going on.

Thanks

YWAN446

Official Employee

YWAN446, thanks for posting. I've been out of the office for a bit but have returned. I'll follow up in private message. 

Official Employee

Hello, I want to let you know that I am following up for KenF as he is out of the office. Were you able to get an answer to serviceability to your home?