Community Forum

Comcast's contracted call center

New Poster

Comcast's contracted call center

First I'd like to say I love comcast you guys are great. However I keep getting calls from an ohio phone number about offers from comcast (though I have my doubts about it being in ohio since they always have an indian accent). I'm a gamer 90% of my spare time is on the internet I only watch shows that are on basic channels like midnight texas, wynonna earp, lucifer I have a cell phone with unlimited calling (is there a such thing as long distance anymore?) I'll get back to that in a minute.

In the past month I have received 7 phone calls from this company on behalf of comcast and their offer is always the same. They want to increase my channels to over 200 channels (that I'm not going to watch) decrease my internet speed from 150Mbps to 75Mbps which I use 90% of my time and give me a phone service with long disance calling yet I have a cell phone with unlimited calling and increase my bill to $120 a month from $99 a month.

If I didnt want the offer the first time don't call back with the same offer and definately not a 3rd 4th 5th 6th and 7th time.

Needless to say I have now added them to my autoreject list I gave them a chance because they were calling on behalf of comcast but now I will no longer receive anymore calls from them my phone will instablock the call.

If comcast would like to give me a reasonable offer that might actually be appealing to me they are going to have to call me themselves because the call center is blocked.

Expert

Re: Comcast's contracted call center

You can opt out of Comcast solicitations here: https://pc2.mypreferences.com/Comcast/OptOut/Default.aspx 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

It's not that I don't want to hear offers from Comcast because I would. I love comcast but there should be limitations like call a customer once maybe twice with the same offer then no more till the offer changes.
I could be missing out on a great offer I would enjoy purely because they were calling twice a week with the same offer. I would very much like to hear the offers comcast has just not 7 times in a month.
Official Employee

Hi Metallicfunk. We apologize for the phone calls with the repeat offer. Understandably that would get annoying. I appreciate you bringing your feedback on this to the forum. I'll be sure to pass this along. 

Of course, our opt out service is always available if you'd prefer. 

Please let me know if there is anything you need. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!