Community Forum

Comcast's Fraudulent Billing Practices

New Poster

Comcast's Fraudulent Billing Practices

I called Comcast a few months ago to sign up for Internet service, and the fella over the phone ensures me several times that if I sign a 2 year contract, "your bill will not increase for 2 years, period.”  Well, 3 months later, they increase my bill. I call them, and they say, and I'm paraphrasing, "oh, only your service bundle amount is locked in, we can increase any other miscellaneous fees however much we want."

This is fraud in its most basic form.  There is a class action lawsuit against Comcast out in California that a federal judge recently allowed to proceed. So, perhaps eventually we will all be compensated for this fraudulent behavior.

Official Employee

Re: Comcast's Fraudulent Billing Practices

Hello drewjohn77. If you are unhappy with your billing rates, I can assist with a review of your account to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Regular Visitor

This is standard MO for Comcast.  Sales reps in person, on phone and chat tell you one thing and when it comes time to deliver on the "promise" all you get is "I apologize for the inconvenience"!  Nice to know that all of them got a $1000 bonus for lying and fraud! Make America Great Again....lol

New Poster

I have the same situtation occurring with Comcast and called them today to see what the problem was.  The rep said it had to do with other charges and credits and taxes and fees.  I was told when I agreed to their service my bill would stay the same.  I have contacted the consumer fraud division in Missouri.  The number is 1-800-392-8222.  Comcast is facing lawsuit in other states such as Washington and California.  They need to change their way to doing business.

Official Employee

Sudden increases in fees are usually at the end of a promotional/ discount period. Discounted pricing only lasts for a limited period of time and does eventually shift to Everyday Price. We offer customers an introductory discounted rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. I can assist with a review of lower priced offers that may be available to your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.