Community Forum

Comcast reported me to credit bureau and cannot tell me why

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast reported me to credit bureau and cannot tell me why

According to multiple credit reporting bureaus, Comcast has marked me as delinquent in my accounts and "sent to collections", which has dropped my credit score more than 15 points. After asking for a customer service rep to call me, and taking that call prior to 7am on a Saturday the woman I spoke with was unable to see anywhere where I was delinquent or overdue. When I asked for Comcast to provide paperwork to that effect so that I could begin to argue with the credit bureaus, she said she couldn't do that since she could not open a claim without knowing "exactly when this notice had been sent to the credit bureaus. I tried to explain that it doesn't work that way, but I was basically told until I could provide COMCAST with more information, I wouldn't be able to find out why they had filed a false claim against ME. Can anyone suggest what to do next? I am gearing up to buy my first home and truly need my credit to be clean. I have worked hard to keep it that way, and will not stand for false claims to ruin that now.