Community Forum

Comcast misleading advertising

New Poster

Comcast misleading advertising

On February 5th 2019 at 3:45 I received a call from Comcast offering to upgrade my plan from 50 to 150mb. During conversation the sales rep mentioned that my monthly allowance will be lifted from 1tb to 2tb and I agreed to upgrade. 

After 7 hours I found an upgrade on my account with no changes to my monthly data allowance. 

At 11:25 I had a chat with customer support agent which confirmed 2tb changes:

"I can see you have request for new plan for today and to Increased the plan from 1tb to 2 TB a special request get raised , you will get confirmation once 2 TB plan take effect."

On February 6th nothing was changed and I contacted customer support again, spent a few hours on phone with a supervisor which supposed to investigate this issue. Nothing.

Yesterday Feb 7th I had another conversation with a different supervisor which declined changing monthly data allowance of 2tb and as resolution asked me to pay extra for lifting data allowance.

I really hope this post will help other customer to avoid future misleading upgrades by comcast!

Official Employee

Re: Comcast misleading advertising

Hello Joe2019. Thanks for posting in our community. We truly apologize for any miscommunication and misinformation your previously received. If you need any further assistance with your account or validation of your Data Usage Plan, I can help. Please feel free to reach out via private message and include your full name so I can assist you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Comcast misleading advertising

Hello Joe2019. Thanks for private messaging me and allowing us to discuss your options. Due to elapsed time with no private message response, this thread has been locked. If you still need assistance with the matter, feel free to respond via private message or create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you again. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!