Community Forum

Comcast keeps calling me

Frequent Visitor

Comcast keeps calling me

They want to come out and "fix" my internet. I ask if anything's broken and they say no, but its preventative. I've asked what's it suppose to prevent, and they cant tell me. I ask them to stop calling and immidiatly I am having connectivity troubles. Seriously? It's hard to assume thats just coincidence. Is there any explanation?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Comcast keeps calling me

Scam call. If it was Comcast they would be happy to tell you what the problem is.

Expert

@MegaDoo87 wrote:
They want to come out and "fix" my internet. I ask if anything's broken and they say no, but its preventative. I've asked what's it suppose to prevent, and they cant tell me. I ask them to stop calling and immidiatly I am having connectivity troubles. Seriously? It's hard to assume thats just coincidence. Is there any explanation?

Comcast is calling you because they have detected an issue with your connection. Let them come out and fix it, it's free. If you don't, they may eventually disable your service until repairs are made since your issues may be causing problems for other customers. Let them fix it before it gets worse.  It won't get better on its own. 

Most likely you have some bad physical connections someplace that are allowing the ingress of unwanted radio signal (noise) onto the cable system. 

I am not an employee.
Valued Contributor

Barbie123, in my time following this forum, I have noticed that you post incorrect information quite often. If you are not sure of your answer, please do not reply like you are. Those calls are likely because noise has been detected, (ingress, egress), and if they don't follow up, Comcast could shut off their service to prevent interference with other addresses and beyond.

EDIT: Not trying to be rude, but this is primarily customer to customer interaction, and bad advice/incorrect info is the opposite of these people are looking for. It also confuses people doing searches in the future concerning similar issues.
Silver Problem Solver

If noise was detected on the line, why wouldn't Comcast communicate that to the customer. That is what a company with good customer service would do. I still say scam call.

Valued Contributor

That is exactly the reason for the call.. Not everybody is tech savvy enough to understand the jargon, so they just make it plain and simple to understand for everyone. You can believe what you like, but please refrain from posting replies as factual, if you are not sure, please. Again, I have noticed this from your replies multiple times before, and it is counter productive.
Frequent Visitor

They want to come check my equipment. Like be in my house. But I own my own modem and router. Does that make a differance?
Valued Contributor

No, most of the time it is a bad splitter, loose connection, or damaged wire. It will be a quick easy fix and doesn't cost you anything.

Signal Noise can even affect airplanes and their equipment, which is a big part of the reason service can be shut off for these issues.