Community Forum

Comcast is selling my number, it must stop!

New Poster

Comcast is selling my number, it must stop!

Over the past 6 years, I have changed my number 3 times. I have Comcast and my name is unregistered. At this point, I KNOW they are selling my phone number to companies and fraudulent sales people because I am receiving up to 10 calls a week from fake companies and sales people, even though I pay extra with Comcast for a private number and I give my number out to no one. This is a company telling me I won a fake cruise and trying to get personal information out of me. Comcast needs to be investigated. I have contacted them numerous times but they never answer my question as to why and if they're selling my number, but at this point, due to high volume of fake and sales calls, I know they are. Please look into this. They should have a lawsuit raised against them for what they're doing to customers. I pay almost 300 hundred a month  plus extra for unlisted numbers. Afrer doing research, I found they were found GUILTY of this before and are still doing it!!

Admin1

Re: Comcast is selling my number, it must stop!

Hi utopian316 -- Thank you for sharing your concern about your number however we do not under any circumstance sell anyone's phone number(s) to other companies. Telemarketing sales companies have other ways of obtaining your phone number without it being listed or being sold to them. 

Problem Solver

utopian316 wrote:

Over the past 6 years, I have changed my number 3 times. I have Comcast and my name is unregistered. At this point, I KNOW they are selling my phone number to companies and fraudulent sales people because I am receiving up to 10 calls a week from fake companies and sales people, even though I pay extra with Comcast for a private number and I give my number out to no one. This is a company telling me I won a fake cruise and trying to get personal information out of me. Comcast needs to be investigated. I have contacted them numerous times but they never answer my question as to why and if they're selling my number, but at this point, due to high volume of fake and sales calls, I know they are. Please look into this. They should have a lawsuit raised against them for what they're doing to customers. I pay almost 300 hundred a month  plus extra for unlisted numbers. Afrer doing research, I found they were found GUILTY of this before and are still doing it!!

do you know how robo calling works?  research that as well.  register your number with the donotcall.gove. After doin so you can go after the telemarketer.

New Poster

I suspect Comcast of doing the exact same thing to me. About a month after I signed up I started getting a load of calls, sometimes 10 in a day, from out of state area codes and local # s I believe are spoofs. These all come in on my cell number that I provided for contact information. The number is actually in my girlfriends name, and is one digit off of her number, yet she receives no such calls. Interesting, isn't it?

More to the point, I don't believe you.

Regular Visitor

Same here. I have the same experiences as both people in this thread

Admin1

Hi WaltOOO and Benisilin -- Thank you for sharing your concern about your number however we do not under any circumstance sell anyone's phone number(s) to other companies. Telemarketing sales companies have other ways of obtaining your phone number without it being listed or being sold to them.