Community Forum

Comcast is "Getting my account set up", wasting my time and making me pay for service I'm don't have

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Comcast is "Getting my account set up", wasting my time and making me pay for service I'm don't have

I picked my plan online, set a date for a Comcast service person to drop off my activation package, set up my email and login and  immediately got charged. Comcast service person did not show up during their specified time frame and i have not received any communication from Comcast. When I log into my account online to see if they messaged me I see "We're getting your account set up. Check back soon to track and activate your services.".... So what I'm getting out of this is that I'm being charged for a service that I'm not receiving, my time is being wasted while I wait for their service person to no-show, and I can't even Call customer service to get this fixed / cancel my service because I A) "don't have an account associated with my phone number" and B) every option I try through the phone prompts simply tells me to try and fix it myself first using the very unhelpful online resources(I physically cannot reach an actual human over the phone). These kinds of problems are why Comcast has a horrible reputation.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Comcast is "Getting my account set up", wasting my time and making me pay for service

I am having the same issue. I am thinking about canceling my service!